Needless to say, I think I picked the best guild ever. :) BWE2 was incredibly epic, thanks in no small part to them, and I appreciate them letting me tag along on all their quests when I was bored. :)
The list of incredible things that happened to the girl and her dog:
- Beating back the dredge invasion in Nornlandia with two other people from the guild. It was just this HUGE mass of people, dodging the red circles, reviving each other, and basically just beating the crap out of the dredge. And I got dye out of it too!
- The Box o’ Fun. It was just so fun!
- The Hot Springs Jumping Puzzle! I hate jumping puzzles, but this one wasn’t hard and meticulous like the Charr area one I was taken to. Me and the guild leader made it all the way to the end, only to be beaten down by the snow leopard shamen. I barely squeaked out a victory over both of them, and that was probably one of the coolest moments ever for me. That I could take out two snow leopard shamen with my longbow ranger, and be that survivable on my own was just awesome. I could never do that in Guild Wars 1 (Do you know how many times that game just beat my confidence down? Especially in Factions? This is a nice change and I love it!) And both of us were able to get to the treasure at the end, all because I survived. :D
- Figuring out how RP worked within the game took a huge worry off of me. I’d never RPed within a game before. Always in the forums or in chatboxes. I didn’t know the /say mechanics and I was afraid of asking for fear I’d be ridiculed (not that my guild would do that, but… y’know…)
- The FINALE! I was fully expecting to die sooner than I did. Seeing that huge mass of people run from one end of Ashford to another was just amazing. All of those people were on my side. To be a part of something that large was so awe-inspiring. That same group took to a cave and beat the crap out of the Branded Champion there. But unfortunately, one of my group was defeated outside the cave and became one of them. We had another guy go put him down, but I’m not sure what happened to him. We lost our mesmer and it was down to me and the warrior. We went back into the cave, and the warrior was down for the count. I wasn’t expecting this, but as soon as she got back up, she one-shotted me and I was corrupted along with them. The absolute coolest thing about the finale was that you could play the enemy. I lol’d at Naked Crystal Ranger so much. But we ended up finding our (still good) mesmer and we were going to make him one of us but then BLOOP! Game turned off.
It was a great experience. The withdrawal this time is so hard… :( I have no clue what to do with myself. GW1 is just not the same, man… I cannot wait for BWE3! :D